HAL-PC Board of Directors
October 8, 2009
Unapproved minutes of the October 8, 2009 regular Board of Directors Meeting.
Any corrections, changes, additions to these minutes will be provided following approval of the minutes by the Board.
HOUSTON AREA LEAGUE OF PC USERS
MINUTES OF October 8, 2009
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
Houston Area League of PC Users, Inc.
4543 Post Oak Place
Houston, Texas 77027
John Furby, President (absent)
Rick Archibald, First Vice President (SIGs)
Robert Stewart, Vice President Programs (absent)
Allan Holtzmann, Vice President Communications (absent)
Annette Story, Recording Secretary
(vacant) Membership Secretary
George Vaughn, Treasurer
Chris Read, Executive Committee (absent)
Jim Ward, Executive Committee
Will Beazley, Director
Greg Brewer, Director
Kelly Brown, Director
Mark E Crain, Director
T. Norman Crook, Director
Al Greene, Director
Robert Gunn, Director
Kojo Idrissa, Director (absent)
Michael J. Lempel, Director
Jerald Linsley, Director (absent)
Mary Ann Mitscherling, Director
John Molson, Director
Robert Spotswood, Director
Jim Story, Director
Russell Vesey, Director
4 HAL-PC members
I.The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM, Rick Archibald, First Vice President, presiding.
This special meeting is taking place for the following reason: At the Board of Directors Meeting on September 24, 2009, the following motion was postponed definitely until a special Board meeting on October 8, 2009:
"Motion to authorize the President to execute an agreement to purchase HALNet bandwidth from the Aldridge Company."
- Rick Archibald stated that he did not want to compromise the neutrality of the chair in the process of showing a few pictures. Rick then showed and explained a diagram of HALNet as currently configured with the area marked in red where the changes would take place; a diagram showing HALNet after changes, if authorized; and electronic copies of the written proposed contract from The Aldridge Company, Inc. (TAC) The diagrams were the ones emailed to the Directors of HAL-PC on October 7, 2009, and the proposed contract was emailed on October 6, 2009.
- Questions from the Directors were addressed/answered by Rick Archibald; Shawn Anderson, IT Manager of TAC; and Robert Gunn.
- John Molson moved the motion and was seconded by Jim Story. Discussion began.
- Discussion subjects included
- HAL's technical providers both current and possible future,
- bandwidth versus transport,
- cost and savings,
- the history of TAC,
- timing of discontinuation of technical services,
- tests when changes are implemented,
- prevent single point of failure,
- how the 3-year contract would be administered,
- all Directors present were asked to express their views con and pro
- Will Beazley called the question and it was seconded. The motion was reread. 12 voted in favor. The motion carried. Mark Crain made a motion for a roll call vote.
Roll Call vote was as follows:
Kelly Brown - for
George Vaughn - for
Robert Spotswood - for
Russ Vesey - for
Norman Crook - for
John Molson - for
Will Breazley - for
Jim Ward - for
Mary Ann - for
Jim Story - for
Greg Brewer - for
Annette Story - for
Al Greene - against
Mark Crain - abstain
Mike Lemple - abstain
Robert Gunn - abstain
The vote was 12 for, 1 against, and 3 abstained.
6. A reminder by Jim Story that the regular Board Meeting was set for October 22, 2009, at 7:00 p.m.
III.Jim Ward moved to adjourn at 8:34pm. Motion was seconded and passed.
HAL-PC Recording Secretary