Multiple Repeat Emails or
Email Download Terminates Unexpectedly
There are a number of issues that can be caused by a corrupt message in your email queue:
- Every time you download email you get repeat copies of the same messages
- Download of your email hangs or is unexpectedly terminated
- Your email program tells you that you have 'X' new messages, but you only download 'X-Y' messages
This is usually caused by a "corrupt" email that was sent to you. If you have a HALNet account, you will need to log-in to the HALNet Web Based Email program and delete the problem email:
- Go to: http://webmail.hal-pc.org
- Put in your email address (in small letters) and your password then click "Enter"
- In the Web Based Email program you can see all your mail residing on the server. If you see the offending email or an "odd looking email" delete it. You may want to delete ALL the emails you possibly can to make sure you get the one that's causing the problem and any email you do not want while you are there.
- Once done, log out of the Web Based email program, and then check your mail with your email program.
If it retrieves your mail properly, then you fixed it. If not, then you still may have a corrupted email residing on the server. You will have to go back and continue deleting emails and testing with your email program until you remove the problem email.